Thank you for considering the volunteer opportunities here at the Department of Public Health. We welcome interested and enthusiastic people of all backgrounds and abilities to serve as volunteers. You will be joining a group of dedicated volunteers who are determined to make a difference in our programs and in our communities. Below you will find the requirements needed to volunteer:.
- Complete the Volunteer Application and download the Volunteer Handbook.
- Valid ID or Driver’s License and Auto Insurance.
- Completion of Drivers Training, Authorization to Drive Form and proof of Auto Insurance must be provided if you will be driving to and from more than one location.
- Vaccinations (2 shots over lifetime) or Lab work demonstrating immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Varicella (Chicken Pox).
- TB Skin Test (Mantoux Type) - Must be within the last 3 months. If documented history of a positive TB Skin Test - Must provide Normal Chest X-Ray results within the last 6 months.
- Hepatitis B Series or Lab work demonstrating immunity to Hepatitis B (for students who will be performing any type of invasive procedures).
- LiveScan (background check). By appointment only.
We sincerely appreciate the time and efforts you wish to contribute to the Department of Public Health. Please feel free to call Community Outreach with any questions at (951) 358-5031. Remember that “Volunteering is a Healthy Habit”.
Interested in being a Volunteer/Intern?
4065 County Circle Dr.
Riverside, CA 92503
Phone: (951) 358-5031
Fax: (951) 358-4457
Online Application Submissions »