Dear Prospective Intern:
Thank you for considering the internship opportunities here at the Department of Public Health. We welcome interested and enthusiastic people of all backgrounds and abilities to serve as student interns. You will be joining a dedicated staff that is determined to make a difference in our communities. Below you will find the requirements needed to successfully start your internship:
- Complete Student Intern Application and download the Student Intern Handbook.
- Valid ID or Driver’s License and Auto Insurance.
- Completion of Drivers Training, Authorization to Drive Form and proof of Auto Insurance must be provided if you will be driving to and from more than one location.
- Vaccinations: (2 shots over lifetime) or lab work demonstrating immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Varicella (Chicken Pox).
- TB Skin Test (Mantoux Type): Must be within the last 3 months. If documented history of a positive TB Skin Test - Provide Normal Chest X-Ray results within the last 6 months.
- Hepatitis B Series or Lab work demonstrating immunity to Hepatitis B (For students who will be performing any type of invasive procedures).
- LiveScan (background check). By appointment only. If you have a LiveScan performed by your school, please provide results along with completed application.
All students must obtain a pre-approved internship placement, before completing application and making a LiveScan appointment. Please mail or deliver completed application to 4065 County Circle Dr., Suite 205, Riverside, CA 92503.
We sincerely appreciate the time and efforts you wish to contribute to the Department of Public Health. For additional information, contact Community Outreach at (951) 358-5031.
All interns must call the Department of Public Health - Community Outreach office to confirm internship program availability: 951-358-5031.
Interested in being a Volunteer/Intern?
4065 County Circle Dr.
Riverside, CA 92503
Phone: (951) 358-5031
Fax: (951) 358-4457
Online Application Submissions »